Canyon County Elections

Military & Overseas Voting

If you are a United States citizen living overseas as a civilian or in the military, there are several ways you to request, receive and return your ballot.

Request a Ballot

Even if you were registered to vote in the US, to vote when living or serving overseas, you’ll need to complete and return one of the following forms by August 1, 2020.

Receive Your Ballot

45 days before a Primary or General election, we will send you a blank ballot either electronically or via mail at the address you provided.

If you completed all required steps but have not received your ballot 30 days before an election, please call our office at 208-454-7562 or email us at

Complete and Send in Your Ballot

Overseas voters have a number of options for returning completed ballots:

Local Mail

If you have a reliable mail service to the United States, put your ballot in the mail with appropriate international postage.

U.S. Embassy Diplomatic Pouch

You or another person can drop off your ballot request (FPCA) or completed ballot at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate for return to the United States. It must be addressed to your local election officials and have sufficient U.S. postage, or be in a postage-paid envelope. A postage-paid envelope is available on the FVAP website. Contact the U.S. embassy voting assistance officer or visit the embassy’s website for specific instructions.

Email Your Ballot

If you choose to email you ballot, you must also email an absentee affidavit. You can email your ballot to